Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Dear Kay Hagan

Dear Representative Hagan,

I’m contacting you today as one of your constituents, to make you aware of my position on the recent travesty of the Supreme Court decision in Sebellius v. Hobby Lobby.

It is a crying shame to support the rights of a corporation over the rights of an individual. It is sickening to see women continually marginalized and  reduced in rights, support, and value in this country.

I’m familiar with your stance on this and other issues, and I appreciate your support.

Today, I write to ask you to continue to work against laws where ‘religious freedom’ is a code word for taking away the freedoms of others. I’m asking you to work against policies that allow beliefs to trump law. 
I’m asking you to oppose legislation that would help religious extremists impose their Christian Sharia on America.

And, I am thanking you. I’m thanking you for all you’ve done in this regard, and thanking you in advance for all you’ll continue to do. Please continue to support your constituents, and we will return the favor.

With great appreciation,

Steph Bazzle

No comments:

Post a Comment